How to become a sponsor
Benefits of sponsorship
- The satisfaction that comes from supporting a great program for people with vision impairment in Canberra so that they can enjoy cycling.
- Information about your organisation and links to it will be placed on our website.
- Recognition of your generosity in the media (if possible) and depending on the amount donated, other publicity such as your logo on printed materials, vehicle signage or cycling vests.
- A framed certificate acknowledging your sponsorship with a personal statement and photo from one of our vision impaired riders.
- Our vision impaired cyclists will be pleased to visit your organisation to speak about our inspiring cycling adventures.
What do we need sponsorship for?
Your sponsorship allows us to:
- maintain our regularly used tandems in safe working condition - our bikes require servicing and replacement of worn parts annually,
- purchase new tandem bikes as our program grows and old bikes need replacing,
- meet costs of maintaining, registering and insuring our tandem bike trailer,
- maintain a stock of spare parts for our bikes and a range of saddles and handlebars to suit all our riders,
- pay administrative costs of insurance and running our website.
Many of our bikes are used every week and also for demanding endurance cycling events and races. Maintaining a regularly used tandem bike and the associated equipment and administrative expenses costs around $1000 a year.
A new tandem bike costs an average of $4500.
Fitability is run entirely by volunteers so this means your sponsorship will directly benefit our vision impaired riders.
Who to contact